Civics for Today
Item #: PF2011
Interest Level: Gr. 6–12
Reading Level: 0
Components: Softcover Textbook and Teacher's Manual
Direct involvement in civic life is emphasized in this single resource or full-year text for a United States civics or government course.
- Covers the nature of law, the political process, how the economic system works, and making a difference.
- Content and organization follows guidelines set forth in Civitas: A Framework for Civic Education developed by the Center for Civic Education in collaboration with the Council for the Advancement of Citizenship and the National Council for the Social Studies.
- Reality Check presents real conflicts and situations that illustrate key chapter points.
- Power of One highlights the civic accomplishments of real people.
- Chapter review exercises include matching, multiple-choice, essay and Document-Based Questions, and suggested activities.
- Complete text of the Declaration of Independence, The United States Constitution, and Constitutional Amendments.
Practical support includes concept overviews, key vocabulary, objectives, discussion/motivation prompts, questions, activities, and additional sources.
Class Set includes: 10 Textbooks and 1 Teacher's Manual
||Civics for Today TextBook
||Civics for Today Teacher Manual
||Civics for Today Class Set