EOWPVT-4 Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-4
Item #: YA1011WB
Interest Level: Ages 2–80+
Reading Level: 0
Components: Tests, Test Plates, Record Forms and Manual
This product requires a check of customer qualifications.
CLICK HERE to download qualifications form.
- Expressive Vocabulary
- Individual Administration
- Ages 2 through 80+
- Co-normed with the ROWPVT-4
The now features norms through geriatric ages (80+). The EOWPVT-4 is an individually administered, norm-referenced assessment of how well persons age 2 years 0 months to over 80 years can name (in English) the objects, actions, or concepts presented in full-color pictures. The EOWPVT-4 features additional items for younger children, as well as items applicable to older adults.
The test consists of 190 items presented in a developmental sequence (based on the 2010 normative sample) that reflects the concepts with which people currently have experience through home, school, or media. The expanded norms allow use of the test with adults in various diagnostic, rehabilitation, or therapeutic settings. The has been co-normed with the to provide a comprehensive assessment of expressive and receptive vocabulary.
- Expanded age norms; oldest norms group (80+) includes persons up to 103 years
- New images for youngest and oldest ages
- Updated word list
- Updated developmental sequence of images
- More words added for youngest ages
- Readjusted starting points
- Ability to use test with young adults, older adults
- Easy to use items are arranged in one continuous developmental sequence (no groupings to keep track of)
- Co-normed with ROWPVT-4 to give complete picture of naming vocabulary
- Continues to focus on confrontation naming using mainly nouns - keeps interpretation clear and direct
- Test format / administration retains the same efficient features as previous edition
- Is appropriate to use with all ethnicities (all were included in the norming sample)
- Comparisons made for special populations: AD/HD, Autistic, LD, Reading Disability
- Normative sample matches US Census demographics on region, metropolitan area, ethnicity, gender, education level
Testing persons who have experienced:
- traumatic brain injury,
- neurodegenerative disease (Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc.)
Color pictures are presented singly to the examinee, who is asked to name what is shown. The EOWPVT-4 retains the use of prompts and cues (shown on the Record Form) to ensure that examinees will attend to the relevant aspects of each illustration. Age-related starting points and ceilings (reached when the examinee makes a set number of consecutive errors) ensure that only a subset of items (the critical range) is administered.
The is untimed and can be administered in about 20 minutes. Scoring is easy and straightforward, generally taking less than 5 minutes. Raw scores are reported as standard scores, percentile ranks, and (if necessary) age equivalents.
Test Kit includes: Manual, Test Plates, 25 English Record Forms, in portfolio
To administer this test at least a master’s degree is required, with state licensure OR certification from a professional organization (ASHA, AOTA, APA, AERA, ACA, AMA, NASP, NAN, INS) that requires formal training and experience in ethics, psychometrics, statistics, and scoring and interpretation. Tests of perceptual, academic, and functional processes used in schools, clinics and rehabilitation settings are of this level. “All test users, regardless of level and profession, are expected to abide by the standards set forth by the APA, AERA and NCME regarding the ethical use, protection and dissemination of all test materials. All orders for the products listed below, must be placed on official institutional purchase order forms or professional letterhead.
(This form is not required if you already have one on file with Wieser Educational.)
The purchase of this product requires a check of customer qualifications.
CLICK HERE to download qualifications form.
Orders for items on this page cannot be completed online. Please attach completed qualifications form to your institutional purchase order or professional letterhead when ordering this product. For questions or help placing your order for these items call (800) 880-4433.
To create a requisition form
- Enter a Quantity for the item(s) desired
- Click Add to Cart
- Click Print a requisition list
||EOWPVT-4 Complete English Test Kit
||EOWPVT-4 English Record Forms
||EOWPVT-4 English Test Plates
||EOWPVT-4 English Manual