Exploring Life and Career
Item #: GW7151
Interest Level: Gr. 6–10
Reading Level: Gr. 5–6
Components: Textbook, Workbook, Teacher Resources and Assessments
Students are challenged to develop essential life skills, apply basic learning, employability, and thinking skills, and care about their communities and the environment. The overall goal is to enable teens to become caring, responsible, informed, and engaged students and citizens. Hundreds of color photographs, drawings, and charts are used throughout the text to illustrate main ideas and add visual appeal.
- Each unit opens with Exploring Careers, a list of careers and an activity related to the unit s concepts.
- Text is divided into 13 chapters with 58 short, easy-to-follow sections to hold the attention of young readers. A new section is devoted to good citizenship, leadership and teamwork skills, and social entrepreneurship.
- Each chapter contains special features that relate content to academic skills, financial literacy, health and safety, the environment, or community involvement. These new
- features are designed to capture students interest and encourage them to think beyond the concepts presented in the text.
- Each chapter concludes with a summary and review questions, and student activities for life skills, technology, journal writing, academics, and FCCLA.
- The 16 career clusters are covered along with résumé and interviewing skills.
Workbook: Designed to help students review content, apply knowledge, and develop critical-thinking skills. A wide variety of activities are provided for various learning styles. This supplement is a consumable resource, designed with perforated pages so that a given chapter can be removed and turned in for grading or checking.
Teacher's Edition: Presents a variety of instructional strategies in the margins of each page that are intended to guide you in reviewing and reinforcing the chapter content. Related Web sites are often cited along with technology applications and cross-curricular ideas. It also provides discussion topics, enrichment activities, assessment techniques, and correlations to the National Family and Consumer Sciences Standards.
The Teacher s Resource CD contains the following items:
- Teacher s Edition: A Portable Document Format (PDF) version of the Teacher s Edition, with bookmarks and search capabilities
- Teacher s Resources: Provides numerous instructional resources that support each chapter of the textbook including bulletin board ideas, introductory activities, suggested teaching strategies, test masters, answer keys, reproducible masters, transparency masters, and much more. All of the resources for teaching each chapter are conveniently grouped together. This PDF version, allows you to view and print pages from your computer
- Lesson Plans: Customized daily lesson plans in Microsoft® Word quickly prepare with our new easy-to-edit format
- Lesson Slides: Provided as PowerPoint® slide shows (PPS) and listed by chapter
- Answer Keys: The Chapter and Section Answer Keys for the Teacher s Resources in a PDF format, for quick and easy access
- Related Web Links: Direct Internet links provided for numerous content-related websites
Windows®: Intel® Pentium® II or compatible processor, Windows® 2000/XP/7, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Internet Explorer® (6 or higher), PowerPoint® Viewer (free download), Adobe® Reader® and Flash® Player(free downloads).
Macintosh®: PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® processor, Mac OS® X v10.4, 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM recommended), Safari® (2.0 or higher), PowerPoint® Viewer (free download), Adobe® Reader® and Flash® Player (free downloads).
||Exploring Life and Career Student Text
||Exploring Life and Career WorkBook
||Exploring Life and Career Teacher Edition
||Exploring Life and Career Resource CD
||Exploring Life and Career Assessments
||Exploring Life and Career PowerPoint Single Use