Steck-Vaughn Pre-GED Test Preparation
Item #: LD4141
Interest Level: Gr. K–0
Reading Level: 0
Components: Student Test Preparation Text
Steck-Vaughn Pre GEDŽ Test Preparation series is a comprehensive program of skills, instruction, and practice designed to help GEDŽ candidates develop the foundation needed to prepare for the GEDŽ Test. Instruction is presented at manageable reading levels to ensure that students understand basic concepts and skills as they continue their preparation for taking the GEDŽ Tests. Steck-Vaughn off ers two configurations for Pre GEDŽ test preparation: four individual subject-area books or the all-in-one Pre GEDŽ Complete Test Preparation book. Either option provides comprehensive practice of all four content areas and aligns with the 2014 GEDŽ Tests.
- Pretests for each content area to help students identify strengths and weaknesses and develop a study plan.
- Emphasis on critical thinking skills to improve comprehension and address mathematical practices, science practices, and social studies practices.
- Content is age-appropriate for adult learners, but is written at grade levels 5-8 to ensure accessibility.
- Complete answers and explanations to aid in independent study.
- Calculator overview to provide information about the TI-30XS Multiview scientific calculator, the official calculator for the GEDŽ Test.
- Posttests for each content area to help students check their readiness to move forward with GEDŽ preparation.
- Glossaries with definitions for content-area terms and concepts to build students' academic vocabulary.
Students will learn essential problem-solving strategies and foundational math skills. They will also receive complete instruction in how to use the online calculator that appears on the GEDŽ test. The book thoroughly covers the key content areas on the GEDŽ test:
- Whole numbers
- Ratios, Proportions, and Percents
Students will develop important reading and critical-thinking skills while also learning to integrate social studies content presented in different ways and to evaluate reasoning and evidence. The book guides learners through the key content areas on the GEDŽ test:
- United States History
- Geography and the World
- Civics and Government
Students will read and analyze a variety of accessible fiction and nonfiction texts, use textual evidence to analyze texts in a written response, and reinforce their understanding of standard English grammar and usage by editing text passages. The book o ers complete instruction in the major skill sets required on the GEDŽ test:
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing an Extended Response
- Language Conventions and Usage
Students will learn and apply important science practices, such as reasoning from data and evaluating conclusions with evidence, as they progress through the three major content areas featured on the GEDŽ test:
- Life Science
- Earth and Space Science
- Physical Science
||Pre-GED Reasoning Through Language Arts Reading
||Pre-GED Mathematical Reasoning
||Pre-GED Social Studies
||Pre-GED Complete Test Preparation