has four components: Student Book, Student Workbook, Tools of History Mats, and Teacher's Manual.
The has nine chronological chapters Early Years, Revolutionary War, Westward Ho!, A Nation Divided, One Nation Grows, World Trouble, World Trouble Again, Superpower, and A New Century. Chapters follow a consistent format: Anticipatory Set, Vocabulary, History Stories, and two Quizzes. Twenty-five one-page biographies with corresponding comprehension exercises are also aligned to the curriculum chronology. Amplified text is heavily illustrated and is intended to be read to the student, so there's no minimum reading level required. The curriculum emphasizes the use of important social study tools, like timelines, graphs and maps.
A consumable is included so students can have their own book for the anticipatory set, activities, vocabulary and quizzes.
The has a lesson outline for each page of the Student Book with Big Ideas, Additional Facts, and Extension Activities. It also includes a PDF of the Student Book on disc with a Classroom License for printouts. The program also includes four, two-sided Tools of History Mats, each 14" x 20". They include two History of America timelines, Continents and Countries teaching maps, and African American and Native American photo collages.
- Multiyear curriculum aligned to Common Core, state standards, and national standards
- Integration of social study tools like graphs, maps, and timelines help students of all levels access the content
- Heavily illustrated to maintain engagement and offer visual support
- Printed text, and pictures unite to increase comprehension and generalization
- Includes optional extensions at the end of each lesson
- Adaptable for students with a variety of learning and communication preferences, including a read aloud option
Theincludes: Student Book, Teacher's Manual with PDF, 1 set of Reference Booklets, 1 set of Study Cards, and 1 Lesson Plans Reference Booklet.
The includes: The above curriculum, plus a total of 10 consumable Student Workbooks.
This program is ideal for:
- Special Education / Special Needs
- Struggling Learners
- Learning Disabled
- Remedial Education
- Differentiated Education